Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Top Managment of the National Agency for Protection of Competition Approved: Finally, After 6 Years of Waiting!!!

I can't believe it!!! What happened to the Moldovan Parliament? They finally decided to approve the top management officials of the National Agency for Protection of Competition (you can read more on the news in Russian here and here). The Law on Protection of Competition (the main legislative act in the field of competition and anti-monopoly regulation in Moldova) was adopted in June 2000 and entered into force on December 31, 2000. This Law provided the creation of the National Agency for Protection of Competition. But so far the Agency hasn't been created.

I adverted to this issue in one of my first posts in this bog in November - "A competition authority: will it become a reality one day?" So, now it seems that the Agency is likely to start its work in the nearest future.

But the fact is anyway stunning. We had to wait for more than 6 years, since the law had entered into force, for beginning of its realization.

Well, potius sero quam nunquam - Later is better than never...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Friday, March 23, 2007 1:24:00 PM, Blogger Folke said...

Alexei Ghertescu,

I like your blog. I am just now in Chisinau as an EU short-term expert and have need for update information on what happens.

Please continue!

Perhaps you know where to find an English or Romanian version of the news on the new Agency for protection of competetition.

 
At Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Alexei Ghertescu said...

I'm not sure you'll find any detailed informatio on the Agency, because the Board has only been recently appointed and has not started its work yet...

 
At Monday, January 18, 2010 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous DUI Attorney Seattle said...

I also think that it will be fine if you could manage to find the source where I can find the information of agency in English.

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:26:00 PM, Anonymous digital signature software said...

I am regular follower of your blog. I get to learn lot of things with your blog. Some news are new for me because I had no clue about them before reading your blog. This news came after 6 years of wait. This is good news. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home